Originally built in 1926 by E.E. Benjamin, the flour mill that produced Arva-Pride flour at 5590 Olde Wadsworth Boulevard operated until 1944 when the demand for the milling industry shifted towards larger scale concrete silos along highways. As a result, the property was sold to the Tiller and Schaaf families. The mill was listed on the Register of Historic Places in 1975, followed by the Arvada Historical Society performing a major renovation. Subsequently, it was opened as museum to the public. In 1998, the Arvada Urban Renewal Authority purchased the mill property and donated it to the City of Arvada for lease to the Arvada Historical Society. Without AURA’s intervention, the fate of the flour mill would be unknown.